What to Write on a Funeral Card or Flower Note
Finding the right words to share with someone who’s grieving can be difficult. You want to give them something to let them know you’re there for them. Sending flowers or a card is a great way to do this, but knowing what to write with them can be a challenge. If you don’t know what to write on your funeral card or flower note, here are some ideas to get you started.
Only a few meaningful words are needed on a flower note. You can address this note to the deceased or to their loved ones. Here are examples of what you could write:
- Thinking of you in this difficult time.
- Gone but never forgotten.
- Rest in peace.
- Forever in our hearts.
- Our deepest condolences.
The funeral card provides more space to share your heart and sympathies with the person or family experiencing loss. You may not know what the right thing to say is, but that’s ok. Write out a few rough drafts to help you better express what you want to say. Here are a few examples to help you get started:
- I’m deeply sorry for your loss. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you and your family.
- My heart goes out to you and your family as you walk through this difficult time.
- Deeply sorry. Their loss is felt greatly, but their memory will always live on.
- My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
- May you find comfort and healing in those remembering with you.
Don’t feel pressured to write an elaborate message to those grieving. Simple is sometimes the best solution as you share in someone’s grief. What’s important is that you’re there to support them at one of the most difficult times.
You may also be interested in: