Graduation 2020 Ideas
Celebrating Your Grad During COVID-19 Quarantine
Needless to say, these are unprecedented times and everyone is adjusting to canceled or postponed life events. With many graduations canceled due to COVID-19 quarantine, people are looking for ways to celebrate this important milestone.
Here are 6 ideas to make graduation 2020 feel special for your graduate:
- Lawn Sign: Place a sign in your yard along with balloons, giant letters, banners, and streamers. Invite people to honk as they drive by.
- Graduation Parade: Have family and friends make their own congratulations signs and have them drive by your house at a set time in a “graduation parade.”
- Family Ceremony: Host a family ceremony in your house or yard. Have your grad wear their cap & gown. Read their name and accomplishments and have them walk up to accept their diploma (whether real or handmade). Maybe he or she would even give a speech. Be sure to video the event and post it to social media.
- Video: Have friends and family email you pictures and favorite memories of your grad. Put them together into a video slideshow and play it for your grad.
- Future Event: Celebrate BIG later. Begin planning a celebration for when we can all gather again. Get your graduate involved in the planning so he or she can get excited about a celebration in the future.
- Gift: Don’t forget to buy a special gift! Graduates need to hear congrats and best wishes this year more than ever before.
Find a way to celebrate all 2020 graduates in a unique way. These young adults will shape the world to come. Inspire them to live a life of kindness, compassion, and hope. After all, we just have our one Dash to live.