End of Year ReflectionsHow did you live your Dash this year?
2019 is coming to a close, and so is this decade. As this chapter of your life comes to an end, take some time to reflect on how this year went for you. Between your personal life, your professional life, and your relationships with others, do you think you put in 100%? Did you do everything you set out to this year? We’ve compiled a checklist to help you reflect on 2019.
- What were your highs and lows this year?
- What is one thing that was better than you could have ever imagined?
- What is something you did that was so much fun this year?
- What trips did you take? What adventures did you have?
- What were some of your favorite books and movies? Why did they matter to you?
- What pieces of wisdom did you learn this year?
- How did you grow as an individual?
- What things did you do to help you remember what matters in life?
- How did you take care of your physical and mental health?
- What is something that made you proud in 2019?
- What personal improvements did you make to live your dash well?
- Did you treat others with respect and kindness?
- Who loved you well?
- What did you do to take care of others? Where did you serve others?
- What / who made you smile?
- What is one way you went above and beyond to help someone? One way someone helped you?
- Who positively impacted your story in 2019? Who made a big difference for you this year?
- Think about your life around the table. What foods did you enjoy eating? Whose company did you enjoy while eating?
- Who supported you this year? Have you said “thank you”?
- Who taught you something this year? Do they know that they are important to your story?
- How did you make your work meaningful this year?
- What was the most rewarding thing that happened to you at your job?
- How were you supportive to your team and coworkers?
- How did you handle a difficult situation with kindness and compassion?
- How did you do your best work this year?
- What were the highs and lows of the year?
- Is there a co-worker you need to thank for helping you this year?
- What did you do to make a better work environment?
- Who mentored you this year? Do they know they were important to your career?
Appreciate every moment and every person who helped make your 2019 the amazing year that it was. Think about how you can live your dash well in 2020. Whose lives will you have a positive impact on? What differences will you make in the world? Remember, every day is building your legacy one action at a time. Take some time to read through these end of year reflections and remember to live your dash with intention.
“So think about this long and hard; are there things you’d like to change?
For you never know how much time is left that can still be rearranged.”
– LINDA ELLIS